Surfside Players Full Length Playwriting Competition
18th Annual Full Length Play Competition
Script Submission Deadline: May 7
Auditions: May 20 & may 21
Sunday & Monday, 7:00pm
Performances: June 29 - July 1
• Submissions will be accepted by Brevard County residents only.
• Plays should be a minimum of 90 minutes playing time including intermission(s).
• Plays must be original, unpublished and unproduced.
• A full-length adaptation of a one-act play produced in another venue (for example, Playwrights' Workshop of Brevard) is permitted for the Playwriting Contest.
• Plays may be on any subject and of any style EXCLUDING musicals and children's plays.
• A playwright may submit no more than two entries.
• An emailed copy of each play should be submitted with a title page indicating:
a. the title, type of play, author's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
b. a separate title page indicating the title and type of play only. The author's name should not appear in the manuscript anywhere except the original title page.
• Hand-written or printed scripts will not be accepted. Only emailed scripts submitted in PDF format will be accepted.
• No revisions will be accepted once a script has been submitted.
• Surfside Playhouse reserves the right to accept or reject any play submitted.
• Surfside will select a director, and the director will control all artistic interpretations of the script; however, script changes requested by the director can be made with the playwright's approval.
• The playwright may not attend rehearsals beyond the initial read-through unless permitted by the director.
• Deadline for submission is May 7th, 2018 at 11:59pm.
• Entries will be assessed by an independent panel of judges. Judges may choose to provide written critiques but this is at the discretion of each judge.