Our Currently Available Programs
Map our theater's location.
For more information call (321) 783-3127.
Spring Youth Musical Theatre Program
Spring 2020 Youth Musical Theatre Program
Directed by Eva Knowles
Tuition (1st Student) $275 (Sibling Discount) $235 (Jr. Counselor with director's permission) $200
Based on the iconic animated film, with an Academy Award-winning score by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, Disney’s Aladdin KIDS is sure to send audiences soaring on a flying carpet ride filled with romance and adventure.
When the street urchin, Aladdin, vies for the attention of the beautiful princess, Jasmine, he uses a genie's magic power to become a prince in order to marry her. Iago, Jafar, the Genie, and more are here in Disney’s Aladdin KIDS, a musical adventure filled with magic, mayhem and the power of love.
Note: Audition Requirement
Students 2nd grade and up are now required to audition to be a part of this spectacular Disney classic
Audition Date: Thursday, January 16th, at 4:00pm
Students MUST audition for entry into the program.
Spring 2020 Program:
REHEARSALS: January 30th-May 7th, 2020 on Thursdays from 4:00-5:30pm
TECH WEEK Rehearsal Schedule:May 11th-14th, 2020 Rehearsals everyday day from 4:00 - 6:30pm
SHOWS: May 15th-16th, 2020
To Download Regsitration Form:
The 2020 Annual
Arlan Ropp Playwright Award
In Support of those who Write Stories for the Stage
Original and never produced Full Length plays are solicited and assessed by an anonymous panel of judges. The submission deemed “Best Play” will be produced in its entirety on July 24 – 26. The winning playwright will also be awarded a cash prize of $500. Upon completion of the production, the playwright will be encouraged to submit the play to state and national competitions.
CONTEST RULES (Please read carefully)
• Submissions will be accepted by Brevard County residents only.
• Plays should be a minimum of 90 minutes playing time including intermission(s).
• Plays must be original, unpublished and unproduced.
• A full-length adaptation of a one-act play produced in another venue (for example, Playwrights' Workshop of Brevard) is permitted for the Playwriting Contest.
• Plays may be on any subject and of any style EXCLUDING musicals and children's plays.
• Plays may not include more than eight (8) actors.
• A playwright may submit no more than two entries.
• An emailed copy of each play should be submitted with a title page indicating:
* the title, type of play, author's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
* separate title page indicating the title and type of play only.
* The author's name should not appear in the manuscript anywhere except the original title page.
• Hand-written or printed scripts will not be accepted. Only emailed scripts submitted in PDF format will be accepted.
• No revisions will be accepted once a script has been submitted.
• Surfside Playhouse reserves the right to accept or reject any play submitted.
• Surfside will select a director, and the director will control all artistic interpretations of the script; however, script changes requested by the director can be made with the playwright's approval.
• The level of cooperation between playwright and the rehearsal process shall be at the discretion of the director. This includes the playwright’s attendance at rehearsals.
• Deadline for submission is April 30th, 2020 at 11:59pm.
• Entries will be assessed by an independent panel of judges. Judges may choose to provide written critiques but this is at the discretion of each judge.