Our Currently Available Programs
The Spring 2019 Youth Theater Program
Youth Theatre Program starts on Thursday Jan 24 at 4:00pm
Program dates: Jan 24th to May 17th
Shows May 17th and 18th
Tuition: (First Child) $275 (Each additional sibling) $235
Ages 7 Through 14
Call today for registration and more information!
No experience necessary, beginners welcome!
Call 321-514-2766 for more information
Directed by Eva Knowles
Based on the classic animated film, Disney's 101 Dalmatians KIDS is a fur-raising adventure featuring Cruella De Vil, Disney's most outrageous villain, and 101 of the most adorable heroes to set their paws onstage. With a high-spirited score and lovable characters, this stage adaptation is certain to charm and delight all audiences.
Pet owners, Roger and Anita, live happily in London with their Dalmatians, Pongo and Perdita, stalwart dogs devoted to raising their puppies. Everything is quiet until Anita's former classmate, the monstrous Cruella De Vil, plots to steal the puppies for her new fur coat. The Dalmatians rally all the dogs of London for a daring rescue of the puppies from Cruella and her bumbling henchmen.
For more information call (321) 783-3127.
Please bring the form with you on the day of the first class (August 23rd at 4:00PM)
In Support of those who Write Stories for the Stage
Original and never produced Full Length plays are solicited and assessed by an anonymous panel of judges. The submission deemed “Best Play” will be produced in its entirety on July 19th – 21st,. The winning playwright will also be awarded a cash prize of $500. Upon completion of the production, the playwright will be encouraged to submit the play to state and national competitions.
CONTEST RULES (Please read carefully)
- Submissions will be accepted by Brevard County residents only.
- Playsshould be a minimum of 90 minutes playing time including intermission(s).
- Playsmust be original, unpublished and unproduced.
- A full-length adaptation of a one-act play produced in another venue (for example, Playwrights' Workshop of Brevard) is permitted for the Playwriting Contest.
- Playsmay be on any subject and of any style EXCLUDING musicals and children's plays.
- A playwright may submit no more than two entries.
- An emailed copy of each play should be submitted with a title page indicating:
- the title, type of play, author's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- a separate title page indicating the title and type of play only. The author's name should not appear in the manuscript anywhere except the original title page.
- Hand-written or printed scripts will not be accepted. Only emailed scripts submitted in PDF format will be accepted.
- No revisions will be accepted once a script has been submitted.
- Surfside Playhouse reserves the right to accept or reject any play submitted.
- Surfsidewill select a director, and the director will control all artistic interpretations of the script; however, script changes requested by the director can be made with the playwright's approval.
- The level of cooperation between playwright and the rehearsal process shall be at the discretion of the director. This includes the playwright’s attendance at rehearsals.
- Deadline for submission is April 30th, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Entries will be assessed by an independent panel of judges. Judges may choose to provide written critiques but this is at the discretion of each judge.