Our season schedule contains the audition and performance dates for our six mainstage shows. We will post more details at least two weeks in advance of each audition.
Unless otherwise specified on the audition page, auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are on a Sunday and Monday at 7:00pm. The doors will open at 6:30.
- Auditioners only need to attend one day. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. No prior experience or resume is required.
- When you arrive, please fill out an audition form including contact information, prior experience (if any), expected rehearsal conflicts, and desired roles.
- A prepared piece is not required. If you choose to bring one, please limit it to 60 seconds or less.
- After the two nights of auditions, callbacks will usually not be necessary.
- Every auditioner will be notified by phone of their result, before the full cast list is announced publicly.
- Surfside does not precast roles... ever.
Auditions will consist of:
Musicals & Non-Musicals
Cold readings from the script
Each auditioneer will be taught a 30 second selection of music from the show
Each auditioneer will be taught a15 second dance / staged movement routine
Dates & Character Lists
By Eric Idle, John Du Prez and Neil Innes
Auditions Sept 24 & 25 7:00 PM
Performances Nov 2 - 19 (Fridays - Sundays)
Spamalot tells the legendary tale of King Arthur’s quest to find the Holy Grail. Inspired by the classic comedy film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the musical also diverts a bit from more traditional versions of the legend. Instead, Spamalot features shenanigans including a line of beautiful dancing girls, flatulent Frenchmen, and killer rabbits. Outside, there is plague with a 50% chance of pestilence and famine. Throughout the show, Arthur, traveling with his servant Patsy, recruits several knights to accompany him on his quest, including Sir Bedevere, Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, and Sir Galahad. Besides the rabbits and farting Frenchman, they meet such characters as the Lady of the Lake, Prince Herbert, Tim the Enchanter, Not Dead Fred, the Black Knight, and the Knights who say Ni.
Sir Lancelot: Male Lead Tenor-Baritone
The Lady of the Lake: Female Lead Alto
King Arthur: Male Lead Baritone
Sir Robin: Male Lead Tenor-Baritone
Sir Bedevere: Male Supporting Baritone
Prince Herbert: Male Supporting Tenor
Mayor: Male Supporting
Sir Dennis Galahad: Male Supporting Tenor
Patsy: Male Supporting Baritone
The Historian: Male Supporting Spoken
Not-Dead-Fred: Male Supporting
Brother Maynard: Ensemble
Sir Not-Appearing: Ensemble
The French Taunter: Ensemble
Tim the Enchanter: Ensemble
Knights of Ni: Ensemble
Prince Herbert's Father: Ensemble
The Black Knight: Ensemble
Dennis's Mother: Ensemble
Ensemble: Either Gender
Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto,
Tenor, Baritone, Bass